Background Image for Header: front of wise library in atrium
Submit your Thesis
Submit your dissertation, thesis, masters degree problem report, research report, undergraduate thesis, or MFA thesis here.
For more detailed instructions, visit ETD Submission Information Packet.
Before You Submit
Please have the following documents:
- Final graduate document, saved as a PDF and with all changes approved by your committee.
- The first two pages of the document must be a Title and Abstract pages that are formatted like the example included in this instruction packet. These pages are counted as pages “i” and “ii”, but the page number must be suppressed (not printed).
- Document must include a Table of Contents.
- The body of the document should follow whatever discipline-specific style is preferred by the committee or department
- Go to https://researchrepository.wvu.edu/etd/
- Choose " Submit Research" (left panel, bottom).
- Click Log in with your WVU ID »
- Please complete all sections online, paying attention to the sections with
- A SAMPLE submission form may be viewed HERE
- Questions regarding the submission process should be sent to ETDReview@mail.wvu.edu. The ETD Office will be happy to help! In-person and telephone appointments are also available.
- After the ETD submission is completed, the ETD Office reviews each submission, usually within five business days. If revisions are required, the ETD Office will contact the ETD author via email listing the needed changes. Once the ETD submission is approved, an email is sent to the author, committee chair(s) and the college graduate coordinator.
Where will your ETD be published?
Research Repository @ WVU
The Research Repository @ WVU is a service of the WVU Libraries and the WVU Office of Research, providing a home for the scholarship, creative work, and research of West Virginia University faculty, students, and researchers. The scholarship stored in this repository is openly available worldwide, expanding the reach and impact of work conducted at WVU.
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses
The ProQuest Dissertations and Theses Database is a service that University Libraries subscribe to that lets people search theses and dissertations from schools all across the country in one place. You may have even used it in your own research. Your ETD will live behind the paywall in the ProQuest database and people will be able to buy single copies of it from them. Each time someone does so, you will earn royalties, which ProQuest will pay out to you after they reach a certain amount. (A good analogy might be that ProQuest is to dissertations as Cafepress is to t-shirts.) You still own the copyright to your work, and can make contracts to publish it in journals or with other publishers. You are only giving ProQuest limited rights to sell individual copies.
Export Controlled Research, Problem/Project Reports and MFA – Creative Writing theses will not be placed into the ProQuest database.
In 2018, WVU Libraries will be joining the EBSCO Open Dissertation database. All ETD submissions that do not have delayed publishing embargos will be listed in this database. This is a second service that will enhance the dissemination of your research. It is an open access service, so no royalties will be earned from this service.
Export Controlled Research and MFA – Creative Writing theses will not be placed into the EBSCO Open Dissertations database.